Pavan Deshpande was born on the 16th of December in 1989, and he is a 31-year-old former domestic cricketer who has been serving his state for many years. The player is a left-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler. Pavan is potent of both bowling and batting simultaneously, overall is a great all-rounder.
Interested in cricket and like to earn extra money? Check out the best betting apps in India!
There are plenty of interesting facts about Pavan Deshpande that even his die-hard fans don’t know about, as he has was not in the headlines until the Indian premier league session’s auction 2021. Below discussed are some of the hidden and exciting facts about Pavan Deshpande, so without wasting any further dues, let’s get started
Pavan Deshpande was born on the 16th of December in 1989 in Dharwad, Karnataka, India. The player was passionate about cricket sport from a very young age and was exposed to the season ball in no time. There are plenty of records that are made by the player in the domestic circuit as he is still one of the most successful spin all-rounders of all time.
List A debut
Pavan Deshpande made his List A career debut in the year 2016-17, representing the state Karnataka in the Vijay Hazare trophy. Moreover, the player made his first-class cricket debut in the Ranji trophy of session 2016-17 and to be very précised on the 7th of December 2016. He scored 70 runs in the first innings against the Maharashtra cricket team
Pavan Deshpande was one of the most prominent reasons for Karnataka win against the Maharashtra cricket team. In the debut match of Vijay Hazare Trophy, he scored a number of 36 runs off 42 balls against the team Jharkhand.
The golden form of the career
Pavan Deshpande performed in an average manner throughout his cricketing career, but 2018 year was a turning point for Deshpande’s career as he smashed some considerable innings in the domestic circuit. He was one of the leading scorers of the T-20 format. Moreover, he was one of the most expensive players of the Karnataka premier league. He performed consistently throughout these tournaments, and the exact scores of Pavan Deshpande were
- 12* and three half-centuries
Indian premier league career of Pavan Deshpande
- As mentioned ahead, 2018 was the turning point for Deshpande career; there were tons of other reasons behind the success of this year rather than just his form.
- Pavan Deshpande was bid by the Karnataka based franchise, royal challengers Bangalore in the year 2018
- He was signed by the team at a base price of 20 lakhs
- Unfortunately, he failed to make it to the playing 1X in any of the matches of Indian premier league session 2018
- Later the player was again signed by the Karnataka based franchise, which is royal challengers Bangalore, in the year 2020
- The player again fixed the limelight on himself when he was retained by the home team in the Indian premier league auction of 2021
Royal challengers Bangalore is the only franchise in Indian premier league who have given chances to tons of domestic cricketer, and there are plenty of young talents in the team other than Pawan Deshpande those are
- Devdutt Padikkal
- Sachin Baby
- KS Bharat
- Suyash Prabhudessai and many others
There are plenty of interesting facts about the fan-favourite Karnataka based franchise that are mentioned below.
- Royal challengers Bangalore holds a record of both the highest and the lowest score, the highest score of the team was made against the Pune based franchise, Pune warriors. Chris Gayle was the star performance of that match as he scored a total of 175 runs.
- As mentioned ahead, the team had a total score of 263 runs in a single match, and this was the highest total in the history of the Indian premier league. Chris Gayle scored 175 runs in that match, out of which he scored that ton in just 30 balls, and he holds the record for the fastest century in the history of IPL.
- The batting lineup of the team has always been great, which is quite evident with the number of records they have. The team have the highest number of sixes, the highest number of 200+ partnership and many other records.
- The aggression king, Virat Kohli, is one of the most paid cricketers in the entire history of the Indian premier league, with a whopping salary of 17 crores in the 2018 session.
In a nutshell, Pavan Deshpande is a great spin all-rounder, and there are plenty of records that are made by this cricketer in the domestic circuit. Moreover, the player is retained by the team royal challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2021 as the selectors have high hopes from Deshpande.